YOUTH DIRECTOR – Part Time
To provide vision, leadership, and organization for the health of Highlands Church North Denver’s Youth Ministry, to grow existing programs, and to expand relational ministry efforts within the scope of these key values: scripture study, discipleship, community service, diversity & inclusivity, relationships (within and outside of Highlands Church North Denver), prayer & worship. This is a 12-month, 20 hour/week staff position at Highlands Church North Denver July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020, unless otherwise agreed upon by Highlands Church North Denver and the YM Director.
- Minimum of a BA degree in a related field
- Youth Ministry experience
- Mature connection to Christ
- Strong relational ministry skills and organizational/ time management skills
- Proven ability and experience interacting and relating well with parents, volunteers, other youth service professionals, and church staff members
- A confident, strong presence with teenagers
- Strong reliance on prayer, the Bible, fellowship and the HC Community Covenant
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Mature understanding of own biases regarding marginalized people and a passion to lead youth in social justice and equity.
- Provide for the spiritual, emotional and social development of the middle and high school students who attend HC by facilitating youth group activities and lessons
- Recruit, screen, interview and invest in the necessary number of volunteers
- Schedule volunteers for Sunday mornings, activities, events, & retreats
- Schedule appointments with students
- Facilitate and maintain student, parent and church communications
- Create and maintain a social media presence in conjunction with Highlands Church North Denver Director of Communications.
- Provide opportunities for the youth to serve in the community
- Provide activities for the youth at least one time per month
- Create or purchase curriculum that aligns with Highlands Church theological beliefs and values
- Manage youth budget with oversight from supervisor
- Attend staff meetings
- Schedule bi-monthly meeting with supervisor
For more information, contact Jeana Pynes. Application deadline is Sunday, March 24th.