- This event has passed.
Be Still – Contemplative Prayer Service
September 17 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until December 31, 2020
Be Still is a small to medium-sized group gathering that includes guided prayer, meditation, silence, and other short contemplative prayer practices. If you’re curious about these prayer practices, you can see some that Co-pastor Jenny has been offering online since Covid-19 began.
Pre-registration opens on Sundays and closes the following Tuesdays. We’ll begin with 25 open spots for each gathering.
Maximum of 25 adult participants at a time, plus our volunteer team. Weather permitting, we intend to meet outside.
Child-care for all ages provided, including separate activities for teenagers. If you are bringing your child(ren)/youth, please make sure to register them when you register yourself.
A team of volunteers and pastors have been meeting for 5 weeks to develop the right protocols and ensure the safety of everyone involved. To abide by the Denver County Health Department, the CDC, and Governor Polis’ guidelines, we’ll have a few ground rules in place.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Masks – yep. We gotta wear ‘em.
- Park in on the street near the church or in the parking lot on the South side of the building on the corner of Mexico/South Grant at 1700 S. Grant Street in Denver.
- Check-in when you arrive.
- Friendly masked-faces will guide you through the check-in process – temperatures taken, hand-sanitizers widely available, designated entrance and exits, kids escorted to their own area. Questions about children and youth? Reach out to Pastor Jeana Pynes (email@example.com) or Erin Klein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- No hugging for now. [Ouch that one hurts, I know.]
- Social distancing is also required.